Monday, November 3, 2008

What Adoption is NOT

My good friend who is so passion about adoption that it inspires me on a regular basis made this post on her blog and there is one part that I completely love and couldn't say it any better myself so I am just going to share exactly what Mrs. R said (thanks for letting me share, lady). She said,

"Adoption is not "giving a baby up" or "giving a baby away." Adoption is hand-picking, choosing and deliberately PLACING and entrusting this new, perfect little life into the family that the birth parent dreamed of. It's not an accident and it's not without careful thought."

Powerful, right.

I know that is exactly what both The Boy & The Girl's birth parents did when choosing us to be the family for their baby. How grateful I am for that. To know that they have complete trust in us to give them all of the things they hope and dream of for these two amazing little ones. I don't know that I always feel worthy and I know for sure that I am not perfect. What I do know is that I will do my very best to be the kind of mother that they would be if they were in a different situation to do so. I love them for that. For giving me the opportunity to be a mother. Without them I wouldn't have. And without them, I wouldn't be able to watch The Gent be the wonderful father that he is. For them I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment