Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Favorite VIVE Shake Recipe

With any protein shake, it takes a few tries to really get it just how you like it. It definitely took me a few shakes when I first started the VIVE program to make me feel like I could keep doing the meal replacement shakes. Here is my favorite recipe:

In the blender:

4 oz. chocolate Hood milk (I had never heard of this but Smith's & Walmart both carry it)
1 Tbsp. Omega 3-6-9 Udo oil
2 scoops chocolate WIO MRP
6 to 8 ice cubes
4 oz. of water
4 drops of coconut or peanut butter flavoring
I simply add to blender in that order. Blend until all of the ice is finely mixed, grab a straw and enjoy. The coconut flavoring reminds me of an Almond Joy and since I am not eating anything like that anymore, it sort of feels like a treat. My back-up flavoring of choice is peanut butter. After all, who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate?

If I do not have time for the blender or am mixing it on the go, I simply add more ice (10 to 12 ice cubes rather than 6) and more water (8 oz. of water instead of 4). That way it is a bit thinner and it stays cold while I drink it. I like it to be more of a consistency of chocolate milk if I can't have it like an icy cold shake.

Full Disclosure: While I am working with Elase Medical Spas and receiving services in exchange for sharing my opinions, all opinions are my own.