Friday, November 21, 2008

What I Realize

As you have probably noticed, I have been MIA this week. I have come here a million different times to tell you about The Girl and The Boy's adoptions and it doesn't seem like anything is really good enough to express what an amazing journey and experience both of their adoptions have been for us. Nothing can truly express the love and gratitude that we have for their birth families. There are no words to describe the immense love and joy that adoption has brought into our lives. And as we celebrated P's birthday this weekend with P & D (Landon's birth grandparents) D said something that really rang so true for me.

He said that no one can truly understand until they have experienced adoption firsthand. Even when you expect them to because they have witnessed the process.
(The Boy's birth mom, Dee was adopted as well so they have experienced two sides of adoption)

How very true that is.

And as close as adoption is to my heart, as much as it has taught me, as much love as it has given me, as much as I adore and love my children and their birth families, and as much as I love talking about adoption, it has made me realize how sacred adoption is to me. It is how my family was and hopefully still will be formed. No one will understand that completely. No one will understand the depth of my testimony of adoption, of our Savior's love for us, and of his underlying hand in the adoption process every step of the way until they have walked those steps with Him and have been able to see His infinite wisdom and love throughout the entire adoption process. Complete trust, faith and following His promptings is what has brought our little family to this point and will continue to do so. Those experiences are so sweet and tender to me that when I think of how miraculous their stories are, I get choked up and teary eyed.

Can I truly express that in writing their stories? I don't know. I'm trying. I just hope I can give them the adequate admiration that they deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment