Thursday, April 10, 2008

Seriously?!?!?!?!?!

We have all been sick around here the last week and there have been way too many trips to the doctor. Today it was my turn since I was up all night last night with THE worst sore throat and my ear feeling like it was going to explode. It hurt worse than I can seriously remember it ever hurting. So, I call my mom who happily agrees to come over to watch my two sick kids. The Boy with an ear infection and The Girl with pink eye. Thanks mom!

I head to the doctor, a random doctor at the medical center that we go to because who else do you ever get to see when you are sick and making a same day appointment. And so I wait. I sit and wait and get back into the room fairly quickly. Yay! It might not take all day. With my head feeling like it was about to explode and feeling light headed all at the same time, I sit and wait in the little room. And wait, and wait and wait. About half an hour later the nurse comes back in and says that the doctor will be right with me. And I wait and wait and wait. Seriously, I sat in there for an hour. I could hear ALL of the other rooms around me being taken care of and yet I sat there waiting and waiting. Did I mention my stuffiness and lightheadedness. I feel like crap ola! I finally get up and go out to find that there isn't a soul around. No nurses, no doctors, no patients. Yes, no patients! Except for me. All of the other rooms were empty. I am sitting there with my little chart in the door with a #1 sign on it. That's means I'm the first patient, right. The very next patient to be seen. I better be since I have been in this little room for an hour. So, walking through the doctor's office I have yet to find a nurse or anyone to ask what the deal is. I walk to all of the nurses stations without any luck. I finally go to the last station to see a few doctors and nurses sitting there talking to a drug rep. Seriously?!?!?!?!? Seriously?!?!?!?! That is why I am waiting? An unexpecting doctor comes out of his office to find me, fuming at this point. I say, "excuse me, I have been sitting in here for an hour and am pretty sure I have been forgotten." With a shocked look he says he'll find out what is going on. Drug rep! You got it. She was chatting away with the drug rep. She comes in two minutes later to tell me that I have a head cold and not being bacterial there is really nothing she can do for me. Three minutes total. Three freakin minutes after waiting for an hour to tell me to go home and take some Sudafed. Seriously?!?!?!?!?! You have got to be kidding me.

So I just wanted to say Thank You. Thank you for allowing me to spend an hour and a half in your office. Thank you for for insight and knowledge in telling me that my lymphnodes are swollen and that there is some drainage in my ears. Thank you for going to medical school for that! Thank you for sending me on my way to get some OTC medicine (did I mention I have been taking that ALL week without any luck). And Thank you for charging me a butt load for your medical knowledge and intellect.

Why do we pay these people? Seriously? Why? Why did I go to the doctor? Why did I sit there and not demand better service sooner? Why? Argh.

End Rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment