Thursday, June 27, 2013

Did Someone Say Manbeard?

Hi, my name is Leisha and I have a manbeard. I'd like to thank my hormones, PCOS and all of those years wading through infertility and trying to balance my hormones out for making it what it is today.

If you didn't know about my manbeard it is because I try my very best to keep it tamed, plucked, waxed, and shaven. I don't normally talk about it because, well, I feel much less myself with my manbeard and I love feeling cute and feminine. My manbeard definitely hinders that.

I really don't like to share my manbeard with anyone, I'd rather prefer hibernating if I had to let it grow but I also wanted you to be able to see what I deal with every single day. Unfortunately I have to much to do and too many people to see to actually let it grow (ain't nobody got time for that!), so this will have to do.

(While it seems like a nice, thick beard, in actuality, it is much more patchy in real life and not quite as funny! ;-)

My manbeard has gotten so out of control the last few years that I even made a deal with my husband that when I got old and couldn't take care of myself that he would ensure the manbeard was taken care of.

That was until I was introduced to Elase Medical Spas and realized I should have been bargaining for laser hair removal instead. After all of the horror stories I have heard about, I loved knowing that all of their estheticians are highly trained and extremely knowledgeable, not to mention so friendly! I love that Elase has the feel of a spa but is as clean as a doctor's office too (so important to me!). 
I also didn't realize how reasonably priced laser hair removal really is at Elase. They have reasonable plans starting as low as $35/month and it is 70%-90% effective after a series of 8 to 12 treatments. Why haven't I done this sooner?

I went into Elase for my first laser hair removal appointment wondering what it would be like. I had heard all sorts of stories about laser hair removal and how painful it could be. So, I put on some Dr. Numb and headed out the door.
 

Mary Kate was as excited as I was to help me get rid of my manbeard!

I was pleasantly surprised with how quick it was and how comfortable it was. I loved the cool air blowing in my face through the entire thing and was literally done in less than five minutes. The best five minutes that I will ever spend every month for sure!
With each treatment, you should see an average of 20 to 30% less re-growth. After my first two treatments, I can definitely tell the manbeard is coming in a bit thinner. I cannot wait until it is basically non-existent.

4 comments:

  1. oh my heavens you and that paper beard mustache!! hilarious! but seriously you are brave to discuss something personal on a blog and hooray for elase!! bye bye manbeard!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laughed the entire time while taking the pictures. But yes, bye bye manbeard!

      Delete
  2. Oh your man beard. Glad you are getting it gone for good!

    ReplyDelete